Thursday, March 19, 2015

New Year, New Me!!

Welcome one and all to a new me for 2015. I have been away for quite some time, primarily getting my house ready to sell after living in it for 15 years. You have no idea how much stuff you accumulate in that time!

In the meantime, I've also taken on the task of getting fit. In early January 2015 my doctor voiced concerns about my weight and challenged me to lose 6 lbs in 6 weeks. When I went to see him 6 weeks later, I had surpassed his challenge by 4 lbs. He was shocked to see that I had lost a total of 10 lbs! Fast forward to today and I have lost a total of 15 lbs!! I feel great and I feel energetic. I wish I would have done this months ago.

With the help of the My Fitness Pal app, I've changed the way I eat and I incorporated exercise into my day. I figured if I can sit on the couch watching my favorite shows, why not watch them on the elliptical? I started slowly doing 15 minutes of 'Walk Away the Pounds' on YouTube then 15 minutes on the elliptical, 5 times a week. Now I'm up to 45 minutes on the elliptical 4 times a week and 1 hour of Zumba per week. Did I say I feel great?!

Here's a few videos where I talk about my fitness journey and because I'm working out, I chose to use a wig for protective styling. 

In - Joy!!


Beginning of My Weight Loss Journey



To Thine Own Self Be True


Weight Loss Update


Beshe Drew Wig for Protective Styling



March Updates - Fitness, Hair, House!




No comments:

Post a Comment