Thursday, September 11, 2014

Where have I been.......... LIFE!

Hello my FINE Natural sistas! It's been a minute! So where have I been and what have I been up to? LIFE! If you've been following me on YouTube you may have heard my hubby and I are moving. Not just around the corner mind you, but completely out of state, over 2,000 miles away! In the process we are selling our home of 14 years, definitely a lot going on.

However, the one thing that is completely solid for me right now is my hair! Yaaayyy!! It's almost as if overnight I finally just "got" it. Moisturized hair is the key to all the goodness you see out there in the natural hair community. When I say moisture I mean WATER.  H-2-O, plain and simple. This fact has had my hair taking off in leaps and bounds and I'm at a point where I rarely have a bad hair day. If I am having a bad hair day I can pretty much attribute it to one thing - product build up. If my hair begins to have build up it definitely affects my style and if you have FINE hair you know build up occurs quickly. It's very important for us FINE haired naturals yo cleanse our hair regularly. For me that means every 7 days but sometimes I can stretch to 10. Anything past that I'm pushing it and my hair is probably pinned up some type of way. 

So what does this mean, we can't use product? Not at all! What it does mean is it does not take a bunch of product to make a style. I repeat - it does not take a bunch of product to make a style. In fact, my hair looks best on freshly washed, freshly L.O.C.'d (liquid oil, cream) hair. It's shiny, it holds definition, it actually looks like I know what I'm doing! :)

So if you haven't tried using less product and upping the water you use on your hair, try it and see if it changes things for you. I've also gone to using "milks" on my hair instead of butters. Shea Moisture curl and style milk and their yucca and baobab milk are my favs. Since Shescentit is my goto conditioner of choice I recently ordered their hair milk to give it a try. Can't wait to see what that does. I'm thinking the water content in hair milks is also making the difference in my hair since it's enhancing the moisture level as well. Let me know how this works for you I'd love to hear your feedback! Also if you've already discovered this little tidbit for your hair journey, tell us about it! Thanks sistas!! 

IN-Joy!!



Moisturize hair (4th or 5th day twist out)

Dirty Hair (but moisturized!)





No comments:

Post a Comment