Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Our Beauty Is Endless!!!

I was in Walgreen's a couple weeks ago looking for scarves. There was an older lady in there looking for products for natural hair. I overheard her ask the sales associate what products would make her hair curl. The Hispanic salesclerk was clueless and turned to ask me if I knew what she was talking about. I turned around and what I saw was a unbelievable to say the least. Her hair was dried up and looked like she had taken a bunch of brown gel and gobbed it on her head. It wasn't rubbed into her hair but dried up on top of her hair. Then she asked me what was going to make her hair curly. I proceeded to tell her that nothing "makes" your hair curly and that we each have our own unique curl patterns. I further explained our hair needs moisture. I said all of that and she asks me, "but what will make it curl". Again I told her nothing will make it "curl" and I began to tell her about healthy hair products and finding what you hair likes and doesn't like. She then proceeds to blow me off because I wasn't telling her what she needed. When I pointed to some of the natural lines they had there such as Shea Moisture, she says, "And that will make my hair curl up?"

Is that where we are? Do we still think our hair is ugly because its not spirally straight. I'm not casting off on anyone since that WAS me not too long ago. Our hair is beautiful. MY hair is beautiful just the way that it is. I wish I could have imparted some words of wisdom to her to have faith in what she has. I know we've held these ideals for so long that everyone else is beautiful, but our beauty is so much more. Our skin color comes in a myriad of shades and others try and tan to get our color. Our hair is so versatile it can do almost anything. We can create a straight look, crinkly look, wavy look, spiral look. It really is endless.



OUR BEAUTY IS ENDLESS!!!!

New video coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment